New Update 2.2.0
At May, 20th the newest Version 2.2 of Viking Journey 2 will be available in the Microsoft Store. This update is recommended to all user of Viking Journey 2.
1. In this version, we have made a complete change to the game and menu control system. In the screen center there is now a fixed view point of the player, which then follows your mouse movement. If the viewpoint hits a usable object, the mouse cursor changes to a crosshair and show additional information.
2. All menu items can now also be accessed as an overlay via a central radial menu [key M]. Overlay means that the game pauses as long as the menu is visible. The overlay menu includes the following submenus:
3. With [key Q] you can switch back and forth between the normal game mode and the mouse pointer display (incl. rotation lock). When displaying messages or menu displays, the rotation lock is automatically turned on so that you can use window functions. When the windows are closed, the rotation lock is reversed.
4. The Main Game Menu (on the left border) and the lower menu bar can be switched on or off with the [G key].
5. The game scenes 'Vallhalla - Epilog', 'Skullwald - Main Scene', 'The Old Castle' and 'Kalstark' have been added to the game with some new features and help functions to increase the fun.
6. In addition, we have redesigned the login procedure on the game server flexibly, so that you no longer have to force yourself to log in, but can also play the game anonymously. However, if playing anonymously you cannot use functions of the server (e.g. Global Ranking).
7. The game comes with English and German language. Right after installation the language of your PC is choosen automatically, but you can change its in the SetUp.
Viking Journey 2 - General Features
Viking Journey 2 is a new and independent version of Viking Journey.
Requirements: Windows 10 PC (no XBox), min. 6GB Ram, Mouses, Keyboard, Internet
It contains 8 additional game scenes and an Island-Shop, where you can buy various things.
Valhalla - this scene is the beginning and the end. Here you meet the God of Thunder - Thor, but also some other Norse Gods. Here you'll get Thors' order - the raise of Skullwald.
If you can stay it, you will return to this scene and into the Halls of Valhalla.
Skullwald - Your fief, which you need to develop to might & prosperity with power and brain. But the hostile circumstances and dangerous enemies makes your life a pain. Difficult to fulfill Thors' order.
The Old Castle - a secret castle from ancient times. Here you can learn a lot of secret knowledge and the blind guardian asks you to dance.
The Old Forge - the starting point to learn which weapons were forged here and how you can get them.
Ranulfs Hut - the wizard's hut contains a complete alchemist laboratory. Here you can try to brew valuable potions and much more. But think of the 'Zauberlehrling' ...
The Hunting Lodge - the hut was once the home of the Great Hunter until it was attacked by enemies. Now it's guarded by deadly enemies.
The Old Taverne - a place to cheer up and relax ... or not?
Kalstark - a volcanic island and once a thriving trading metropolis. Today a single battlefield where large Christian armies and your berserk army face off in battle. Free the island from its occupiers and revive trade.
The currency of the island is silver. With silver you can buy everything in the shop - from raw materials, secret keys, workers, expansion scenes to entire levels. You earn silver from your goods production, which must then be sold in the maritime trade. Alternatively, you can also buy silver directly in the island shop.
Note: however, the game is designed that way, that with a little patience it can be played without buying any silver.
We have added many new buttons so that you can now reach relevant menu items by pressing a keyboard key (refer to above picture).
Normally, the player's view aligns with the centered view point - the mouse pointer is invisible. If you want to reach and operate menu functions located at the edge of the image with the mouse cursor - you only have to block the camera rotation by pressing the [Q] key.
At the start of a new game, you can adapt the game to the performance of your PC.
Viking Journey 2 is a completely new game, with its own logic and databases. Therefore, it cannot be played with saved games from the previous version. However, the user data from the previous version, such as username and password, can also be used in Viking Journey 2.